Facing change is one of the most difficult parts of life, both personal and at work. Change presents an unknown that can fracture team solidarity and productivity. But in today’s economy, change is happening faster than ever, in technologies, working styles, roles, and projects.
Our workshop teaches leaders, managers and team members how to face change, plan for it, and oversee its implementation in measured, easy-to-absorb steps.
We place special focus on the responsibilities of that team leaders face, as well as steps for project planning a change from start to long after its completion. Topics include:
- What is change?
- Areas of organizational change (Strategic/Organizational/Technology/People)
- Why do people resist change?
- The transition process: unfreezing - movement - refreezing
- Change management model in 4 steps
- Models for transition: Moving from unfreezing to refreezing.
- Phases: Contentment - Vision - Denial - Confusion - Renewal - Leverage
- Recognizing resistance: The ADCOM Model (ability, direction, competence, and motivation)
- Managing change
- Motivating change and creating a shared vision
- Rewards, recognition, and reinforcement
- Power strategies
- Communicating change
- Managing change with limited resources
- Seven key factors in making change happen
Our sessions are interactive, using anonymous case studies drawn from the pre-course assessments, and participants are encouraged to work through and solve their own challenges according to the principles of effective Adult Education.
Our next live Cool-Time webinar is March 29, 2018. Click here for details and to register.
We deliver sessions of 3 hours, 4 hours and full-day at your location or at off-sites. Please contact us for more details.