It’s about getting it done right – on time, on budget and in scope.
Teams, tasks, deadlines and budgets are difficult things to keep under control in a high pressure project environment. Drawing from the “Body of Knowledge” put forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Bristall Group Project Management Seminar works to build awareness and practical ability in the management of projects, large and small.
We take the time to ensure the course fits in with your business. We offer half-day (three hour) summary lectures, as well as interactive workshops of one or two days. The two-day seminars can be delivered with up to one week between class days.
The Bristall Group Project Management workshop will help you and your project team:
- Develop a workable, editable plan
- Understand and integrate the 5 phases of Project Management
- Use estimation techniques
- Understand Critical Path
- Use Gantt charts
- Understand where projects can fail
- Understand risk and scope
- Deal with emergencies and contingencies
- Demonstrate leadership and encourage productive participation
- Manage busy teams, including meetings and conference calls
- Understand budget and resource allocation
- Maintain control of your project plan with tools like Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, and Slack
Our system creates a custom curriculum from stakeholder interviews and on-line assessment forms and follows up with a year of personalized support with each participant, as well as “ROI reviews” with the stakeholders. This helps to develop true buy-in and performance improvement within a department or organization. We use our own course material, entitled The Bristall Method of Project Management, and we employ sound principles of Adult Education to ensure that new skills are learned, practiced and understood.
The Bristall Method of Project Management .
This is our textbook that delivers a comprehensive summary of project management techniques, based on Steve's two decades of project management experience as well as the principles supported by the PMI. Copies available as PDF for $20. Please contact us to order your copy.
We deliver sessions of 3 hours, 4 hours and full-day at your location or at off-sites. We offer introductory and advanced levels. Please contact us for more details.